Welcome to the Announce List for the state of Alabama!
This moderated list is primarily intended to be used to:
- Announce events and core activities within the community
- Share information about the Five Year Plan
- Request assistance for core activities within the community
- Share information about firesides, devotions and other informal gatherings
- Share communications from Local Spiritual Assemblies in the state
- Share communications from the Area Teaching Committees (ATC)
- Share communications from the Auxiliary Board Members and the Regional Council
- Share communications from the National Spiritual Assembly of the US or the Universal House of Justice that are requested to be sent to all Friends
- Announce interfaith events occurring within or near the comnmunity
- Share events related to fundraisers for the Funds
- Post prayer requests
- Announce memorials and services
- Request Assistance
Un-suitable postings for this list include (but are not limited to):
- Ongoing discussions of a topic
- Blank links or unexplained links to YouTube, Facebook, or any other site
- Invitations from 3rd party sites (eg Evently)
- Frequent postings for the same event
- Announcements of activities not somehow related to the state
- Advertisements or solicitations of any kind unless they are related to Baha'i fund-raisers, requests for roommates or renters to help with cluster activities, or the like. No direct sales pitches please.
- Criticism of individuals or institutions of the faith
- Personal attacks
- Politically-motivated topics of any kind
In simplest terms, common sense should serve as guide. Please note that bahai.email reserves the right to place a person on 'read only' basis (ie they cannot post messages but continue to receive them) pending review of any message.
Attachments of up to 3MB are allowed and will be forwarded as part of a message. Only the following file types are allowed:
- Image files (ie .jpg, .png, etc)
- PDF files (.pdf, etc)
- Plain text files (.txt, etc)
Attachment of these filetypes is not allowed:
- Word processing documents of any kind (.doc, .docx, .odt, etc)
- Spreadsheets of any kind (.xls, .xlsx, .ods, etc)
- Powerpoint or other presentations of any kind
- Calendar files (.ics, etc)
Subscription to this list is open to all adult Baha'is in good standing (ie with full administrative rights)
To subscribe to this list please send an email with that request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, email, Baha'i ID (if available) and mention this list and other clusters/areas to which you would like to subscribe
Once subscribed, you will be able to send and receive emails to this moderated list. Attachments up to 3MB are allowed; by default they will be forwarded through with each message.
To send an email to the list send your post to email@example.com
You can contact the list administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use this email address for assistance you may need regarding this email list.
To unsubscribe please send an email with that request to email@example.com. Be sure to include the name of the list(s) from which you wish to unsubscribe.
Finally, please note that membership on this list is not guaranteed, or automatic. By joining this list you are agreeing to abide by the guidelines outlined above, and understand that rules may change from time to time. All grievances relating to this list should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.