The Oregon Cluster 29 email list (or-cluster29)
This Baha'i-only list has been established to facilitate communication within the Oregon 29 cluster. This cluster includes all localities within Clackamas County with the exception of the City of Lake Oswego, which is included in the Portland Cluster. Please note that the old OR23-cluster email list has been removed and is no longer functional.
Announcements on this list are un-moderated and participation is limited to only those members of the list. Like all lists on bahai.email, postings are maintained in an archive, but access to this archive is limited to only current members of this list in good standing.
This email list is primarily intended to be used to:
- Announce events and core activities within the cluster
- Request assistance for core activities within the cluster
- Be a medium for communications from the LSA's and groups within the cluster to the cluster membership
- Be a medium for communiication from the Cluster Institute Coordinator (CIC) to the cluster membership
- Be a medium for communication from the Auxiliary Board Members and the Regional Council to the cluster membership
- Announcements related to interfaith events occurring within Clackamas County
- Appeals for assistance (the welcome letter includes more specific guidance)
Un-suitable postings for this list include (but are not limited to):
- Ongoing discussions of a topic; another list can be created for that purpose if there is a need
- Announcements of activities not related to Oregon Cluster 29
- Advertisements or solicitations of any kind, unless they are related to Baha'i fund-raisers, requests for roommates or renters to help with cluster activities, or the like. No direct sales pitches please.
- Criticism of individuals or institutions of the faith
- Personal attacks
- Politically-motivated topics
In simplest terms, common sense should serve as guide. Please note that bahai.email reserves the right to place a person on 'read only' basis (ie they cannot post messages but continue to receive them) pending review of any message.
Attachments up to 3MB are allowed on this list; by default they will be forwarded through with each message, though this can be overridden by changing your personal settings upon logging in to the server. Other types of possible changes include not receiving attachments, stripping out attachments and replacing them with a link to the attachment on the server, receiving message digests, etc. Once subscribed, your personal account settings can be changed from within the list server web interface. No password is provided to you - rather, on first visit choose 'first login' and request a password; one will be sent to the address entered during subscription.
To send an email through this list simply send the email to the following email address:
Finally, please note that membership on this list is not guaranteed, or automatic. By joining this list you are agreeing to abide by the guidelines outlined above, and that rules may change from time to time. All grievances relating to this list should be sent to the list administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the list administrator can't resolve the issue, then please contact the general listmaster at email@example.com.
The administrator for this list is Philip Reich of Milwaukie, Oregon. You can contact him by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. He will get back to you usually within 24 hours. Please use this email address to make the request to subscribe to this email list, or for any other assistance you may need regarding this email list.