Welcome to the Announce List for Baha'i-oriented activities in The Whatcom County (Bellingham) Cluster (WA09)!
This moderated list is primarily intended to be used to:
- Announce events and core activities within the community
- Share information about the Nine Year Plan
- Request assistance for core activities within the community
- Share information about firesides, devotions and other informal gatherings
- Share communications from Local Spiritual Assemblies in the cluster
- Share communications from the Area Teaching Committee (ATC)
- Share communications from the Auxiliary Board Members and the Regional Council
- Share communications from the National Spiritual Assembly of the US or the Universal House of Justice that are requested to be sent to all Friends
- Announce interfaith events occurring within or near the comnmunity
- Share events related to fundraisers for the Funds
- Post prayer requests
- Announce memorials and services
- Request Assistance
Un-suitable postings for this list include (but are not limited to):
- Ongoing discussions of a topic
- Blank links or unexplained links to YouTube, Facebook, or any other site
- Invitations from 3rd party sites (eg ConstantContact, CEvent, Evently)
- Frequent postings for the same event
- Announcements of activities not somehow related to The Whatcom County (Bellingham) Cluster (WA09)
- Advertisements or solicitations of any kind unless they are related to Baha'i fund-raisers, requests for roommates or renters to help with cluster activities, or the like. No direct sales pitches please.
- Criticism of individuals or institutions of the faith
- Personal attacks
- Politically-motivated topics of any kind
In simplest terms common sense should serve as guide. Bahai.email reserves the right to remove person(s) or place person(s) on a 'read only' status (ie they cannot post messages but continue to receive them).
Attachments of up to 3MB are allowed and will be forwarded as part of a message. Only the following file types are allowed:
- Image files (ie .jpg, .png, etc)
- PDF files (.pdf, etc)
- Plain text files (.txt, etc)
Attachment of these filetypes is not allowed:
- Word processing documents of any kind (.doc, .docx, .odt, .pages, etc)
- Spreadsheets of any kind (.xls, .xlsx, .ods, .numbers, etc)
- Powerpoint, Keynote or other presentations of any kind
- Calendar files (.ics, etc)
Subscription to this list is open to all adult Baha'is and Baha'i youth in good standing (ie with full administrative rights), or Friends of the Faith that are recommended to be on the list
To subscribe to this list please send an email with request to join to email@example.com and include your name, email and Baha'i ID (if available). Once subscribed, you will be able to send and receive emails to this moderated list.
To send an email to the list send your post to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the list administrator at email@example.com. Please use this email address for assistance you may need regarding this email list.
Please note that membership on this list is not guaranteed, or automatic. By joining this list you are agreeing to abide by the guidelines outlined above, and understand that rules may change from time to time. All grievances relating to this list should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.